Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Goldie Chucks

I love Converse sneakers. I have always had them in different colors and I don't get rid of them till they are gross. You can wear them with jeans, dresses, shorts, with or without socks (hence the grossness), and they will never ever go out of style. Finito -- I won't argue that point.
In the last 25 years that I have been wearing them I have painted, written and now studded them with little gold studs.
I bought the studs on Ebay and it cost me $7 dollars for 50 studs so it wasn't too expensive. I didn't have a tool or a knife for this project so I pushed them through the canvas with my fingers and bent back the prongs with a spoon. It worked well, but my fingers hurt after 50 studs.
I probably could have added more studs but I didn't have any so I will either leave them like this or just eventually add more studs.
Update: After I was so proud of my Chucks, I wore them everywhere, including to the beach. I totally ruined the little gold studs on them and now have to redo them. Hopefully it will cover up the damage that I did.
 
Now I have to buy a new pair of Converse. 
Note to self: Don't get saltwater on white chucks with fake gold studs on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment