Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Hitting your prime

When I was a teenager I went through the awkward phase that every kid goes through, when your body is growing and you have zits everywhere and you wear too much makeup, in fact so much you have to blow dry your eyes because if you didn't you would have eyeliner up to your forehead..
I did the whole 90s thing, too . . . the bib overalls, crop tops, bell bottom slinky pants (some even in crushed velvet).  Maybe that was a German thing but we did dress kind of weird here.
When I was in my twenties, I hit a phase where I tried to look like the ugliest person to ever be born. When I look at pictures, I think that has to have to have been my goal because I look like bonafide shit.

 
Seriously, what the hell was I thinking. . . dying my hair red? I had every color red from Henna to Ronald Mcdonald and none of them looked good on me.
Then I turned 30, I lightened up a little in the hair. I started having highlights done and going blonder and blonder and that is when I finally was attractive. It took me till I was almost 40 to actually like the way I look and not hate the way I look in pictures.
 
I have broad shoulder so I always look like I am smuggling razorblades in my armpits, but I always stand up really straight because of it.

When I walk, my feet point a little outwards which makes me walk like a penguin. I walk on my tip toes a lot but I have the strongest calves you have ever seen, thanks to that awkward walk.

I have short stubby fingers that look like kids' hands, but they are the same hands as my great grandmother and they are really strong.

My eyes are hazel which is so plain but it's the same color as both my mom and my dad's eyes, which makes them cool to me.

I have a lot of hair everywhere; I have to shave my legs everyday which I don't and pluck some random hair off my face everyday, but I also have thick healthy hair on my head even though I color the living daylights out of it. My hair has really taken a beating this last year and it is still holding on.

All in all, I have to say I am as happy with myself as I have ever been and I hope that it just keeps getting better and better. Maybe someday I will even love myself -- wouldn't that be a kick in the pants?






No comments:

Post a Comment