Sunday, May 25, 2014

5 Reasons Social Media has Made my Life Better

Recently, there has been a video going around the web about how you should put down your phone and pay attention to what is going on around you. To tell you the truth it pretty much annoyed me. I don't feel like having a phone is ruining my conversation skills; I think they actually make me nicer.
I hate talking on the phone and I am usually short and rude on the phone, unless I really don't have anything else I would rather be doing and then I will talk for longer than 3 sentences.

1) I am nicer when I write things on whatsapp or whatever form of communication I choose. I have to think about what I am going to say before I write it so I don't call someone a motherforking douche and misspell it.
I do believe that the same rule applies for messages that if you don't have anything nice to say then shut your piehole, the internet is not your shield it doesn't make you invisible and it doesn't give you the right to bully or be a jerk.

2) I take so many more pictures of my kids which is something I didn't do when I had to take the film to be developed and worried about people stealing pictures of my kids or of taking 36 pictures and none of them turning out.

3) I read a shit ton of books like outrageous amounts of books and it was always a very expensive habit and trying to figure out what to do with the books afterwards was always a pain because how many times are you going to read a Nora Roberts paperback? I would give boxes of books away and now that I have the kindle app on my ipad I can get any book I want at any time for a less money the only downside is that I really like reading in the bathtub and that is not a good idea with the ipad.

4) I am able to keep up with friends that I had 20 years ago with no effort even if it just to find out they beat a level on candy crush.

5) With all the filters and extra doodads that you can use for your photos I can now make myself look like I got a full nights sleep and didn't eat 4 pieces of toast for breakfast.

By the way the photo apps that I use are: CandyCam, A Beautiful Mess, Picsart

No comments:

Post a Comment