Friday, July 4, 2014

Chanel Lipstick

I went on a trip to Barcelona and my favorite purchase was a Chanel lipstick. I have always wanted a bright red lipstick from Chanel but I was never confident to wear it till now.
Before I left for my trip, I looked at the colors on the Internet and planned out which one I was going to buy so when I walked into Sephora, I walked right up to the Chanel display and put on the one I thought I wanted. But, when I looked at myself I didn't like it; that just shows you that the Internet can't replace seeing the color on you in person.
I ended up loving the next color that I got -- #99 called pirate.
One of the first things I checked was if it made my teeth look yellow (and it didn't) but I did need to get a lip liner to go with it in case it bleeds.  I didn't get one from Chanel; I bought a different brand from Sephora that wasn't as expensive. 
While I was in Barcelona, I noticed that my lipstick stayed on forever and always felt creamy without being sticky and leaving lipstick prints on everything, but once I got back to Germany I realized that it must have been the climate there because here it doesn't stay on quite as long and I do have to reapply more often. 

Very often when I buy lipgloss or lipstick, I have the problem that the glycerin in it makes my lips dry and I end up having chapped lips. With this lipstick I don't have that problem at all and it just goes to show you, "You get what you pay for".
No matter what you are wearing or if you don't have much makeup on, as soon as you have pretty lips you look put together, unless of course you have a rats nest on your head -- then you will look like a slob with lipstick on. 
My friend, Nicole, is wearing "wonderland" lipgloss by Dior.
I suggest that if you want to buy one then definitely go try them first to see how it will look with your skin, because the Internet just doesn't do the pigmentation justice of a Chanel lipstick. Besides, you might pick up something else you like while you are at it because you can never have too much stuff to make you feel pretty. Am I right?

No comments:

Post a Comment